While each OTT platform claims to be the best of all the others, the content demonstrates its value. Under these circumstances, watching movies online is the second-best option for the general public. But the biggest question on earth is the “Best websites to watch online movies for free”.
What’s better than watching a great movie with popcorn and drinks in your living room? And when these movies are available for free, it doubles the fun. Today, there are many movies and screenings of vintage movies, recently released movies, and the trend shows available online.
The problem, however, is finding suitable free movie streaming sites. While there are many on offer, not all are good and safe enough. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the Top 12 Best Websites To watch online movies for free. It’s a monthly updated list, and we look at them all, so join us as soon as we get started.
3. Pluto TV
4. IMDb TV
6. The Roku Channel
These are the best website to watch movies online for free
Peacock TV is a new streaming platform officially released on July 15, 2020. It has a lot of free TV shows, movies, and live channels in a love-worthy selection. During the tests, we influenced its content library, free plan, and smooth video playback. no wonder it has gained millions of subscribers in a few months.
Peacock TV has an app for Roku, iOS, Android devices, Firestick / Fire TV, Apple TV, and more. Unfortunately, Peacock TV is not available in all countries. When members of the Asian research team tried to get there, they got the following:
- Monthly visitors: 301,000
- Strong free version
- Large back catalog of shows and movies
- Live news and next-day access to some NBC shows
- Live sports like WWE and the Tokyo Olympics
- Full access to major shows, originals, and live sports isn’t free
- Few original series or movies from the past decade
- Channels and Trending sections are confusing
- Missing features like mobile downloads for all tiers and 4K HDR
If you don’t want to look for free Redbox codes just to watch movies for free, consider using their free subscription collection. You don’t even have to create a user account to stream free movies from Redbox; scroll and click to start watching right away.
Our favorite areas are Hot & Trending, New to Free, and Leaving Free. These are very useful for seeing what other people are watching and what movies you might consider streaming before deleting them.
In addition to these categories, you’ll find regular classes where you’ll find classics, romance movies, family movies, and more. Couples you don’t usually see on free movie sites are Faith and Stand-Up. You’ll also find movies with a specific actor – just remember to choose a free filter from the search results page.
- Monthly visitors: 1.2Million
- Free alternative to the usual pay-to-watch path the service is known for.
- Read comments from other users.
- The films don’t start off with a long ad like most movie sites.
- Can’t sort or filter genre lists.
- Several in-video ads (though you can often skip over them).
3. Pluto TV
Pluto TV, better known for its live TV offerings, includes thousands of free on-demand movies in various categories.
Users can stream free movies to Pluto TV from any browser, or you can install the app on any streaming device such as Firestick, Roku, iOS, Android, and more.
- Monthly visitors: 550,000
- Has the same feel as a TV channel guide.
- See what will be on later in the day.
- Lets you start the movie from an earlier time or watch it live.
- Includes thousands of on-demand movies
- Streams TV shows, news, music, and more.
- Has only a dozen or so channels for just movies.
- Live-streamed movies can’t be watched again on demand.
4. IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a streaming site owned and operated by Amazon that provides movies, TV shows, documentaries, and original IMDb shows.
You need to register to use IMDb TV, and like Tubi, this free service is also ad-supported.
- Monthly Visitors: 1.3m
- Uncluttered video player.
- Free movies and TV shows.
- Browsing for movies is easy.
- Includes original videos.
- Lots of extra related information.
- User account required.
- Most in-video ads are long.
- Relatively small collection.
- Unhelpful search tool.
- For US users only.
Believe it or not, Plex Media Server now offers free movies, TV shows, and TV shows on any Internet device.
Best of all, you don’t even need an account to stream this free content!
Plex originally became popular because of Torrenting but is now used by thousands of free on-demand movies.
Check out the Plex Media Server tutorial below to stream free movies on this platform and everything else you need to know.
- Monthly Visitors: 606,000
- Most if not all movies have subtitles.
- Doesn’t require a user account.
- Several ways to browse films.
- Create a queue for easy passive watching.
- Standard, uninteresting genres.
- Lists show alongside the movies.
6. The Roku Channel
Roku has become a popular option for streaming free movies and TV shows online.
In addition to being one of the best Roku channels, many are unaware that this platform is also available for use with all streaming devices.
See our guide below for installing the Roku Channel app on Firestick, Fire TV, and any Android device.
- Monthly Visitors: 27,000
- Provides high-quality movies.
- Includes newer films.
- Works on computers, mobile devices, and TVs.
- Offers customizable captions.
- No user account is necessary.
- Several ways to search for something to watch.
- Might not work in most countries.
- Can’t filter or sort any genre list.
- Doesn’t separate movies from shows in category lists.
Vudu is an online video on demand (VOD) streaming service that offers both free and paid options for accessing thousands of movies and TV shows. Their free version is “Movies On Us,” but it includes commercials.
Although Vudu requires an account, they do not charge a monthly fee.
Vudu is also available as an application for installation on multiple devices.
- Monthly Visitors: 80,000
- Lots of high-quality movies.
- Several useful ways to find just the free movies.
- Most are popular and well known and include subtitles.
- Films can be filtered and sorted in a number of ways.
- Also supports buying and renting movies.
- Some movies here cost.
- All free movies display ads.
- You must log in (registration is free).
Tubi has become a very popular website for streaming free movies and TV shows without a subscription.
This site offers thousands of free movies and TV shows, but like many others on this list, ads are supported.
Tubi is also available as an app from the Amazon App Store, Roku Channel List, Apple App Store, and Google Play Store.
- Monthly Visitors: 213,000
- High-quality, popular movies.
- Lots of categories.
- Subtitles can be enabled for most movies.
- Has a section just for kids.
- Doesn’t separate movies from shows.
YouTube may be the most popular video streaming site. However, many users are unaware that YouTube also offers thousands of free movies from different genres.
While you can sign in with your Google Account, one of the best parts about watching free movies on YouTube is that no registration is required.
- Monthly Visitors: 180,000
- Movies are rated by real viewers.
- You can leave comments.
- The official free movie list provides all the films on a single, easy-to-scroll-through page.
- Most movies have subtitles.
- Many aren’t in HD.
- Films are often taken down without notice.
- Official free movies can’t be sorted or filtered.
- Hard to find all the unofficial free movies.
Yidio is a newer streaming site that differs from other search engines on this list to find free movies.
You need to register an account, but Yidio is a great tool to help users find the best free movies available online.
- Monthly Visitors: 29,000
- Makes it easy to find free movies around the web.
- Lots of unique filtering options.
- Sort by popularity and date added.
- Can be helpful for renting and buying, too.
- Not all films are streamed directly from Yidio; you’re taken elsewhere.
- Movies are DVD quality.
- Incorrectly labels some paid movies as free.
PopcornFlix is a free online streaming site that arrived in late 2017.
This free online streaming site includes over 1,500 family, action, documentary, comedy, horror, foreign movies, and more.
You’ll also find that you don’t need an account to use PopcornFlix, which is Plus.
- Monthly Visitors: 10,000
- Clean, smooth website layout.
- Includes subtitles.
- Has a one-page list of every movie available.
- Can’t sort by date or popularity.
- Lacks fine-tuned fast-forwarding and rewinding.
Sony Crackle is a popular streaming site with an extensive list of movies, TV shows, and original shows.
Crackle also comes in the form of an application that is available for installation on multiple devices. However, this app also has multiple ads because it is an ad-support network.
- Monthly Visitors: 94,000
- A big selection, including recent films.
- Good video quality.
- Saves progress, so you can resume later.
- Really great mobile app.
- Can’t sort films by popularity.
- Available only in the US and its territories.