When things get tough, we sometimes need happy quotes to motivate us and create them in a day, month, or year. At other times, when things seem insurmountable, all we have to do is go outside and head towards the hills (and hay). Even if you have never experienced living or working on a farm, you should give it a try when you hear someone talking poetically about country life.
Here, we round out some farm quotes that you can appreciate farm life. We have billions of ingenious quotes about agriculture. After you travel, you may want to get your own land or buy some cows of your own. However, having some gratitude doesn’t hurt and a heartfelt thank you to those at the farmer’s market next week.
Quotes That Celebrate Life on the Farm
1. “Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days.”—Henri Alain.
2. “Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.” —Douglas Jerrold
3. “Farming isn’t something that can be taught. Each plant tells its own story that has to be read repeatedly.”—Kelsey Timmerman
4. “Bailing twine turns every farmer into MacGyver.”—Unknown
5. “Even if a farmer intends to loaf, he gets up in time to get an early start.”—Edgar Watson Howe
6. “Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest.”— Proverbs 20:4
7. “We have neglected the truth that a good farmer is a craftsman of the highest order, a kind of artist.” —Wendell Berry
8. “The master’s eye is the best fertilizer.” —Pliny the Elder
9. “The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.” —Masanobu Fukuoka
10. “The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.” —John F. Kennedy
11. “A good farmer is nothing more nor less than a handyman with a sense of humus.”—E. B. White
12. “The farmer has to be an optimist or he wouldn’t still be a farmer.” —Will Rogers
13. “Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will, in the end, contribute most to real wealth, good morals & happiness.” —Thomas Jefferson
14. “When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization.” —Daniel Webster
15. “It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.” —B. C. Forbes
16. “My grandfather used to say that once in your life you need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, and a preacher. But every day, three times a day, you need a farmer.” —Brenda Schoepp
17. “There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery and the other that heat comes from the furnace.” —Aldo Leopold
18″Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the cornfield.” —Dwight D. Eisenhower
19. “Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful, and most noble employment of man.” —George Washington
20. “If the rain spoils our picnic but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain”? —Tom Barrett
21. “I’ve always said I want a farmer, not a hunter. Hunters go for the kill and they move on. A farmer nurtures; he watches things grow.” —Eva Longoria
22. “The biggest challenge of being a pastry chef is that you can’t throw things together at a farmer’s market unlike other types of chefs. When you’re working with baking powder and a formula, you have to be exact. If not, things can go wrong.” —Carla Hall
23. “My feeling was, you plant some seeds. If they grow, great; if they don’t, you don’t take it personally. Not my problem; I just kept planting. Just like a farmer.”— Hank Haney
24. “There is no time in modern agriculture for a farmer to write a poem or compose a song.” — Masanobu Fukuoka
25. “I’m envious of people who can sleep as long as they want. I have the circadian rhythm of a farmer.”— Moby
We hope you enjoy the farm quotes. Also, let us know if we miss any quotes about the farm. If you like these farm quotes please share them with your friends and family members.
For More quotes to check out here.