How To Change A Name On Facebook: Facebook is among the largest websites which we use to communicate with our family and friends and it is crucial to ensure that people can actually locate you on Facebook.
If you’ve been married, are using an alternative name, or are looking to try a new name There are plenty of reasons to change your Facebook username at some point during the life of your account.
Here’s how to do it in just eight easy steps (and the steps you should take to resolve the issue if Facebook isn’t happy with the change of name).
If you’re interested in changing your Facebook name read this article to learn more about how.
It’s important to remember that Facebook will only allow people to modify their name at least once every 60 days, so be sure you’re certain about your decision before you click save.
Facebook offers a strict set of rules to keep users from coming up using fake identities. Therefore, it is not allowed to add any of the following:
- Expressions or words that go with the Facebook Community Standards (slurs, representing a danger to some people)
- Words or phrases that symbolize individuals rather than organizations
- Numerous symbols, symbols, unusual characterization, repeating characters, or punctuation
- Characters in different languages
- Any kind of title (professional or religious, professional)
If you’re able to prove that your name isn’t a combination of any one of these, follow the steps below to begin. If not then scroll down to the end of this page for a list of what you can do in the event that Facebook isn’t happy with the new name.
What you’ll require:
- A Facebook account
- Names you’ll want to use for at minimum 60 days
The Short Version
- Go to Facebook’s Settings.
- Click your name, then click Edit
- Change your name to the new one.
- Let Facebook examine it
- Password, enter it, and click Save Changes.
How To Change a Name on Facebook
Step 1: Go to your Facebook news feed
- We’ll be using screenshots of that Windows web version of Facebook However, the steps for the mobile app are similar. You can scroll to the end of this page and discover ways to modify your Facebook name.
Step 2: Click the arrow in the top right corner
- This will display an options menu that will display the settings for your account.
Step 3: Click Settings & Privacy
- This is the one that has an icon that resembles an actual cog.
Step 4: Choose Settings
- The cog icon is here again.
Step 5: Find your name and hit Edit
- You may also find an option to change your username on this page.
Step 6: Type your new name into the field
- You could change your initial surname, middle name, and/or surname at this point.
Step 7: Click Review Change
- In the event that your username is short, has unusual capitalization, or is in violation of any of Facebook’s other rules You could be blocked at this point. If you believe Facebook isn’t doing the right thing go to the end of this guide to find out what you can do to appeal the decision.
Step 8: Enter your password and hit Save Changes
- That’s it! The new name will be appearing in your account within a few hours.
I hope this article helps you in every way as we have briefly explained. If I have forgotten something here, please let me know in the comment section and we will try to correct the solution.