Are you looking forward to how to delete a message on iPhone so the other person can’t see it? You don’t save a lot of space on iPhone by deleting messages – even many text messages take up an unnecessary amount of space – but you may want to delete messages for privacy reasons or just because it preserves your messages. application better organized. (And text with images can actually take up quite a bit of space.)
Whatever the reason, you can delete entire conversations or just specific posts. And you can even set your phone to delete messages automatically after a certain amount of time.
When we say messages, please note that we mean all messages in the Messages app that include both iMessage exchanged between iPhone and regular text messages exchanged with non-iPhone devices. You can always tell what they are: your iMessages appear as blue text bubbles, while your text messages appear as green bubbles.
How to delete a message on iPhone so the other person can’t see it
It’s easy to eliminate an entire conversation with just a swipe.
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Scroll through your messages until you find the conversation that you want to remove.
3. Swipe to the left until you see “Delete.”
4. Tap “Delete” and then tap “Delete” again in the confirmation window that appears at the bottom of the screen.
How to delete one or more messages in a conversation
If you don’t want to eliminate the entire conversation, you can delete messages singly or in a bunch.
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Scroll through your messages until you find the conversation you want to delete messages from and tap on it.
3. Find the message you want to delete, and then tap and hold it for about three seconds.
4. Tap “More…” in the pop-up window and then do one of the following:
- If this is the only message you want to delete, tap the trash icon at the bottom left of the screen, and then tap “Delete Message” in the confirmation window.
- If you want to delete more than one message, check all the messages you want to remove by tapping the empty bubbles to the left of the message, then tap the trash icon, and then tap “Delete Messages” in the confirmation window.
- You can remove all the messages at once by tapping “Delete All” and then tapping the “Delete Conversation” confirmation. This is the same as swiping left on an entire conversation as explained above.
How to automatically delete old messages
If you don’t feel the need to hold onto messages forever, you can configure your iPhone to do the deleting on your behalf.
1. Open the Settings app and tap “Messages.”
2. Tap “Keep Messages.”
3. By default, the iPhone keeps all messages forever (or until you manually delete them). If you prefer, tap “30 Days” or ‘1 Year.” If you do, the iPhone will automatically discard your messages after the selected time period.
I hope this how to delete a message on iPhone so the other person can’t see it might be helpful for those who want to search on the internet. Tell us in the comment section if know any way to delete messages on your iPhone.