Instagram is the most popular app in recent years. So much so that we can say that there is no one in our area who does not use an Instagram account. Instagram is just a free social platform that allows you to share photos and videos with your social network. Like other social media platforms, Instagram is very vulnerable to cyber-attacks. With an increasing number of users, hackers are interested in Instagram accounts. To raise awareness of these attacks, this article seeks to answer the question of how to hack Instagram account.
How to Hack Instagram Account?
There are thousands of ways to hack Instagram accounts, but hackers more often use some popular methods. Let’s learn these five methods together and then discuss what we can do to protect ourselves against these methods!
How to Hack Instagram Account: 5 Weaknesses of Instagram
- Password safety
- Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
- Mobile OS Errors
How to Hack Instagram Account?
During phishing attacks, hackers send you emails that appear to come from a trusted site. In other words, during Instagram attacks, you can get a fake password or email. Phishing emails often contain malicious links or attachments. Regardless of the subject of the email, you get caught when you click on that malicious link or attachment. On the page that appears, hackers ask for your credentials, and when you enter this information, the information you provide is immediately passed on to them. Here’s how they manage your Instagram account.
We have seen phishing attacks on Instagram many times before. Hackers have successfully hacked the credentials of high-level accounts. So what can you do to prevent it?
- Get acquainted with phishing emails, get acquainted in detail with the functions of emails. To do this, you can use our awareness instructor. Let’s look at some of the recommendations we often give during training.
- Do not click on unreliable links or download suspicious email attachments.
- Do not enter your personal information on sites you are not sure about.
- Fake email emails often contain spelling mistakes, try to detect any spelling mistakes in the email. in letters.
2. Password safety
Most of us use similar passwords on our accounts. Our passwords usually contain content such as nicknames, phone numbers, partner names, and pet names. So it became easy for hackers to crack our Instagram password and hack our account. Hackers often use brutal attacks to learn our passwords. Once logged into our account, they can do whatever they want.
To avoid this, make sure your password contains various combinations, such as numbers, symbols, spaces, uppercase letters, and uppercase letters. Also, try to set your social media account passwords in a different way as possible. This increases the security of your account and reduces the risk of hacking.
3. Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
The zero-day exploit is a vulnerability that hackers often exploit. These types of vulnerabilities are weaknesses that the software vendor knows about but cannot fix. Hackers are making serious efforts to find zero-day vulnerabilities in Instagram. If found, it can affect and harm users and accounts in a number of ways. We cannot fully protect ourselves from zero-day vulnerabilities. But you can take various security measures to keep hackers away from your Instagram account.
- First of all, update your Instagram app frequently and make sure you are using the latest version.
- Make sure you use two-factor authentication when logging into your account.
Malware can be of many types, but hackers often use keyloggers to attack Instagram. Keyloggers record everything you type on your device using the keyboard and pass it on to hackers. In other words, once you install a keylogger on your device, everything you type, such as an account, or bank account, is in the hands of hackers. So what defenses can you make against the keyboard letter?
- When downloading a keyboard app, question its reliability
- Do not open attachments or click on links in emails from someone you do not know, as hackers can infect them with malicious software through these attachments.
- Detect, disable and quarantine keyloggers using antispyware software.
5. Mobile OS Errors
There can be many kinds of problems. As we know, fans can get not only stories but also Instagram directly. They do this using simple problems. If you want to protect yourself from problems, update your system regularly and do not send unnecessary requests.
How to report your hacked Instagram account?
- On the login screen, tap on Forgot Password? (on iOS) or Get help signing in (on Android).
- Insert the username, email address, or phone number and tap on Next (Android only).
- Tap on Need more help? And follow the on-screen instructions.
In this process, to verify your identity, you must send a photo of yourself, including a security code.
To minimize the risk of getting hacked again, ensure you turn on two-factor authentication as soon as possible.