There is something sweet and nostalgic about birthday cakes that make them so special. The joy of having a sweet treat on a birthday is unmatchable and is something that makes these moments special. When it comes to birthdays, we are usually browsing cakes that not only have a unique flavour and design but also a unique shape and mesmerizes all.
With the ever-changing birthday cake concepts, it becomes extremely difficult to find something that no one has seen or enjoyed till now. Today, we bring to you a new and amazing cake design that is unique and unusual and that can also be prepared at home for a birthday. Well, we are talking about a giant doughnut vanilla cake that will not only manage to stand out from the crowd but also lure people with its amazing look and taste. Here is the recipe for an amazing vanilla donut cake.
Read: Happy Birthday Captions for Instagram-[16th/17th/18th/19th/………/25th Years]
⇒ 230 g unsalted butter
⇒ 230 g caster sugar
⇒ 4 medium eggs
⇒ 230 g self-rising flour
⇒ 1 tsp baking powder
⇒ Pinch of salt
⇒ 2 tbsp whole milk
Pink Vanilla Bean Icing
⇒ 500 g icing sugar
⇒ 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
⇒ 50 ml milk
⇒ Pink natural food coloring
⇒ 100 g fondant icing
⇒ Natural food coloring in pastel blue, yellow, pink, and lilac
⇒ Special Equipment
⇒ 23 cm (9 in) savarin ring tin (mold)
● Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4) and grease the savarin tin with butter.
● Pour the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk until it turns pale and fluffy.
● Now, beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour with each egg.
● Gently fold in the rest of the flour, baking powder, and salt, trying not to overdo it, and add the remaining milk if it seems stiff.
● Place the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until the skewer or cocktail stick inserted in the center comes out clean.
● Now, leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Pink Vanilla Bean Icing
● Place the icing sugar, vanilla bean paste, and half the milk into a bowl and stir.
● Gradually add the rest of the milk, while mixing, until you end up with a smooth mixture.
● Now, add a drop of pink food coloring to the mixture and mix well, and set aside.
● Begin with dividing the fondant into 4 even pieces and coloring each one with each of the shades of food coloring.
● Using the palms of your hands, make small sausage shapes of around 1 1/4 cm (1/2 in) width with each of the colors.
● With a sharp knife, cut 3 cm (1 1/4 in) lengths from each sausage shape to make giant sprinkles.
● Turn the cooled cake out onto a stand or dish.
● Give the icing a quick stir then pour it over the cake and spread it evenly over the cake before it becomes too thick.
● While the icing is still damp, press the fondant sprinkles onto the cake in a random formation.
● Let the icing set before slicing up to serve!
This homemade donut cake is the perfect treat for your friend’s birthday or a small get-together. If you do not wish to bake, you can always place an online cake order in Lucknow by selecting from a variety of cakes online and enjoying it with your friends and family.