Table of Contents
What is Instagram marketing?
Instagram marketing is a type of social media marketing that promotes the brand on Instagram. This social media platform helps brands to connect with an enormous audience, increase brand awareness and increase sales.
Instagram marketing can be divided into 6 sections:
- Instagram profile
- Content creation
1. Instagram Profile
Setting up an Instagram business account
Before you get started with Instagram marketing, you need an Instagram Business account or an Instagram Creator account. If you already have one, skip ahead to the tips below. If you already have a personal account, you can skip stepping no. 3 of these instructions.
If you’re brand new to Instagram or are creating a brand new account, here’s what to do:
Step 1: Download the Instagram app
Step 2: Sign up
- Open the app.
- Tap Create New Account (on iOS) or Sign Up With Email or Phone Number (on Android).
- Enter your email or phone number and tap Next.
- Create your username and password.
- Fill out your profile info (more on this in Tip 4) and tap Next.
Step 3: Switch to a business account
- Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon at the top right.
- Tap Settings, then Account.
- Tap Switch to a professional account.
- Tap Business and follow the prompts.
Bio, creating a bio is super important because it tells people about your business.
i. Select a username that has a keyword.
For example, you have a business of bakery and your most selling product is a cake then a username can be like Your business name + keyword: Arpitcakesandbakes.
Adding keywords in username helps invisibility but it’s not mandatory and most importantly it should make sense if it does not then don’t add that. Don’t add dots, underscore, or numbers in your username because people can’t remember your profile name and they won’t able to find you.
ii. In the second line add the keyword, add at least two keywords that are mostly searched around your business. This is important to increase your visibility.
Taking the above example we can add keywords like; Best cakes shop in Agra, Best bakery shop in Agra.
Search on google which keyword has maximum searches add them
iii. Now describe your business what is the USP of your business, what type of products do your sell, add if you have any achievements.
iv. Add your website links and all the contact information.
If your business is in the food industry and you have partnered with online food aggregators then you add one more button called order Food, it will help your customers to quickly order their food.
Next is action buttons it has two category book now and reserves you will find some websites inside both then options, these options are for a business who provide consultations.
Great congratulation your Instagram profile has been set up.
2. Content Creation
▪ Creating content that can grab your customer’s attention, attract them, engage with them is important.
▪ But to do so we need to identify who is our customer and for that, we need to create a customer buyer persona.
▪ Here is an example of how you can create buyers personal
▪ Jack is running a coffee shop and he has created a persona, let’s see how it looks.
- Job: IT professionals
- Career path: people are working in It companies
- Family: He wants to target Unmarried people.
- Gender: Both
- Age: 22 to 28
- Location: Mumbai
- Income: 50k to 200k
▪ Goals: Want a good coffee in the morning to kickstart their day nicely.
▪ He/she is in a hurry so they don’t want to make a coffee on their own.
▪ If they don’t get good coffee then they can’t focus on their work.
Objection the have:
▪ Does your coffee taste goods.
▪ Does it fit in their budget?
▪ Keywords they used to find you and your competitor: Bets coffee café near me, Best places to have coffee in Mumbai.
▪ Hashtags they follow coffee lovers, coffee clubs, etc.
▪ Influencer or pages they follow: @coffeeandseasons, @coffeeprops.
▪ One line definition of personal for Jack
▪ He wants to target IT professionals who are unmarried and need a good budgeted coffee in the morning.
Types of content:
▪ Select what type of content would you like to create: Text, Video, Image.
▪ Focus more on video content don’t go for long ones create reels/Tik-Tok/Shorts.
▪ These short videos are on-trend(in 2021) so it is the right time to create them and attract your audience.
Topics of content:
i. You need to find topics on which you can create content but it should be related to your business/product also.
In India, people like cricket a lot but that does not mean that you only keep on posting about cricket if you are into the sports business then it makes sense to post about it.
But you can make one or two posts or you can put up some stories related to the current match.
ii. Tell people how your product/services help people in solving their problems, achieving their goals.
iii. Create content to which they can relate in their real-life scenarios.
iv. Try to create content that creates a connection between you and your customers.
v. You can create memes, share some news that might be important to your customers, create content on topics that are trending, last promote your business with an offer.
vi. Let’s say you post one piece of content daily then you need to post different types of content.
vii. To keep that connection alive.
viii. Post different types of content on your Instagram, so that people don’t in-follow you and they engage with your account.
ix. Posting daily content is not mandatory but if you want to be in the top mind of your customers then you need to post daily.
x. Add Geo-tag to your posts to increase the reach of that post and it will be promoted in that location.
Instagram has declined the reach of hashtags after the launch of reels but that does not mean you should not add hashtags to your post.
According to my hashtags reach is not declined but not that much that it is not going to give you any benefit, if you use the right hashtags then you can still get a decent reach.
Type of hashtags which you can try
- Community event
Right hashtags: Create sets of hashtags, find out all the hashtags which your customer might be using.
▪ It is important if you want to grow on Instagram, engage on influencers’ accounts, with your audience.
▪ Use Instagram stories that have features like quizzes, Polls Q&NA, etc use them to know more about your audience.
▪ Do reply in the comment section and DM.
▪ Create different types of ads.
▪ Using A/B testing to find out the best ad copy.
▪ Try running ads with different types of audiences.
▪ Use detailed targeting options.
▪ You need to find three things from your analysis.
▪ Top performing content of your account: It depends upon your goal of Instagram marketing, if you want to get sales then check which content gets the most profile visits and website clicks.
▪ Choose your goals, identify the right metric, and then find out which is the top-performing content.
▪ Best time of posting: Check app insights it will let you know the best time of each day of the week, but that is not completely right you need to post and check whether it is the correct time or not.
▪ Right sets of Hashtags: for this, you need to keep on checking the reach of your content.
▪ Best ads: find the best ads which are getting the highest conversions.