We’re excited you’re interested in writing for us. Learn more about our brand below.
How to get started
- Read our contributor guidelines
- If you are interested in becoming a contributor and/or syndicating your blog with us, please fill out our online application to get started, and be prepared to provide the following:
- Your name & contact information
- Your website/blog URL
- 3 related writing samples which demonstrate the topics and quality of the posts that you intend to submit.
We are currently receiving a high volume of requests every day and we appreciate your patience as we handle these requests as quickly as possible, in the order that they were received.
Articles submitted for consideration should be of interest and appropriate for the readers of the Promo.com Blog. We prefer articles that introduce new ideas and advance conversations around topics and trends that engage our readers – think op-ed rather than content marketing. We appreciate lively, polished writing that balances research or news with memorable anecdotes or examples that help illustrate your point of view.
Items to include
- Main Text
- Meta Description (100-150 characters long)
- Optional but recommended: Internal images
(in the labeled file) + screenshots
- All additional designs in an editable format
- Guest Author photo
- Guest Author short bio
Ready to Publish
Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts be in a ready-to-publish state that is consistent with our existing content standard when you submit them for final review. While we review each post and may adjust formatting as needed, posts requiring heavy editing may be rejected.
What counts as an acceptable CTA:
- A download of some sort of content resource (guide, report, white paper, eBook, etc.)
- Registration for an event (webinar or live event)
- A free demo (must link to signup page)
- A link to an external article or website
What does not count as an acceptable CTA:
- A call to follow the company on social media, including social profile links
- A call to subscribe to email newsletters and other related subscriptions
- A call to contact a company, including all forms of contact information
We might syndicate content published on the Promo.com Blog to third parties such as Medium, Yahoo! News, Bing News, Google News, and content distribution platforms. Please proofread and edit your posts carefully before submitting them, as they syndicate the version originally published on our site. We cannot edit or remove posts once they are life, and we do not have the ability to edit or remove posts syndicated to external sites. If repeated requests to edit are made, your contributor the status may be revoked.
Originality and accuracy
All contributors are responsible for the originality and accuracy of their submissions. Any contributor found to be plagiarizing any percentage of his or her content will be subject to an investigation of his or her entire body of work. If found guilty of plagiarism, the offending the author will be banned from the community with
all content removed.
Plagiarism includes but is not limited to:
- Copying another person’s work word-for-word and submitting it as your own
- Copying another person’s work and changing some words or phrases
- “Spinning” another person’s work
- Using another person’s ideas as your own, including the progression, flow, examples,
- Copying content from any website, whether an author is given or not
Content to avoid
While we encourage drawing from your own experiences in business to support your ideas, over-the-top self-promotion (of yourself or your company) will prevent us from publishing your article. The same goes for dense jargon and abstract, blanket assertions.
Posts may not be promotional or advertorial. We do not publish company-specific news, press releases, or content reading similar to a press release. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA at the end of their posts. This may be either image- or text-based (1-2 sentences). All content publication & editing is done at the
discretion of the Pr.
All posts must be at least 600 words, but long-form content (1,000+ words) is accepted and encouraged. Articles may include relevant images, videos, and outbound links that improve the overall experience of our community. Irrelevant hyperlinks will be removed and submissions containing keyword stuffing will be rejected.
- No more than three outbound links should point back to external domains.
- Relevant articles and blog posts
- Research or data
- Resources that will genuinely benefit the reader and make sense in the context of the post
- Affiliate links
- One’s own company links (homepage, About Us, Contact, Prices, Products, etc.)
- Product/service/pricing pages
- Category/tag pages
- Company social profile links
- Adults or sexual links are not allowed.
- No link building. If we believe that you are contributing content for the sole purpose of building links
for yourself or others, we will either ask for such links to be removed or simply not publish the post.
- Please do not use repeat links or repeat keywords/anchor text.
- No keyword-rich linking.
- We reserve the right to remove or no follow any link at our discretion.
Disclaimer: Your request to create a contributor account constitutes an agreement to these posting guidelines.
Please note: acceptance of our contributor program and publication of contributed content is at the sole discretion of websplashers.com
What Can I Write
- Social Media
- Telecom operators
- Healthy tips
- Digital marketing
- Original content creation
- Social media tools, management, news, and effective strategies
We reserve the right to decide when and if an article is published based upon the adherence to our guidelines, a relevant brand partnership, and our current content calendar.
We will contact you if and once your article goes live, using the email you provided.
Please submit your finished guest posts at Email: email@example.com.