We all know how popular and important the photo-sharing app Snapchat has become in our lives. There is no option not to share a moment outdoors or while eating in a fine restaurant. This “Snapchatting” also includes situations where we want to keep other people’s snaps without notifying them.
One obvious question for this is, “Can you take a screenshot of Snapchat without their knowledge?” We have a straight YES to this. That’s why I’m here to tell you how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without telling anyone about the misleading task you want to do.
Table of Contents
How To Screenshot Snapchat Without Knowing Android and iOS
Using the in-built screen recorder
The easiest way to hack Snapchat screenshots is to use the built-in screen recorder available on Android and iOS.
Android 11 users will find the screen recorder in the Quick Settings panel.
- Just swipe down on the screen to access the notification panel.
- Swipe again to get to the Quick Settings panel.
- Now, swipe right on the panel until you see the Screen Record icon.
- Tap on it to get started.
You can now capture a screenshot of the Snapchat story from the video recording.
iOS ‘built-in screen storage feature can easily help you do that. All you have to do is tap a feature from the Control Center. If the feature isn’t available in your control center, you can add it in a few simple steps:
- Go to Settings and find the Control Center option.
- Tap on it and select the Customize Controls option.
- Following this, just add the screen recorder option, and you are done.
Using a screen recorder app
All you need to do is install any screen storage app for Android from the apps available in the Google Play Store.
Using Google Assistant for Android devices
This is yet another hack to encrypt Snapchat on Android using Google Assistant. The steps are pretty easy:
- Open up Snapchat and save the snaps you want to save to your gallery.
- Call out to Google Assistant by either long-pressing the home button or with a simple “OK, Google.”
- Ask the digital assistant to take a screenshot verbally or by typing, and the work gets done without anyone knowing about it.
However, it has one drawback: the screenshot cannot be saved directly to your gallery; you will be offered the opportunity to share it with other platforms. You need to send it to your email or other platform and save it there.
Using airplane mode
This method is easy and does not require much work. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open Snapchat to make sure all the snaps are loaded (don’t view them though!)
- Now, turn off Wi-fi, mobile data, and even Bluetooth. After this, turn on airplane mode.
- Once you have ensured that your device doesn’t have internet connectivity, just open up Snapchat.
- Just open the Snap you want to take a screenshot of, take a screenshot, and it is done. After 30 seconds or a minute, turn on your internet connection, and no one will know what you just did.
Using third-party apps
Just like third-party apps for saving WhatsApp status, some can record Snapchat snaps without anyone knowing. You can download them from the Google Play Store.
There are several applications for this purpose, such as SnapSaver (Android) and Sneakaboo (iOS), and there are quite simple steps to do the same.
All you have to do is download the app and open it.
- Now, you have to select from the desired options (Screenshot, Screen Recording, Burst Screenshot, and Integrated) and head to Snapchat.
- Open the required snap that you want to save, tap on the SnapSaver camera icon that will appear on your screen, and a screenshot will be taken without the person getting notified about it.
Also, for this app, you need to install it and sign in with your Snapchat credentials. All new Snapchat stories appear in the app, and all you have to do is take a screenshot of them as you play them. This will not notify the other user of the screenshot when your work is complete.
Recording using another smartphone
This is another way to capture the Snapchat story without their knowledge. All you have to do is use another smartphone to record a video from the Snapchat video or take a picture from the Snapchat video.
You can then edit the photo or video you took and eventually keep a copy of the other Snapchat stories, and they won’t even know it.
Using the Mirror feature on Android
This is another Snapchat screenshot hack, but it requires some work. You need to use the screen mirroring feature (used in your smartphone settings) to stream your device to an external device, such as a smart TV.
Once this is done, you will need to open Snapchat and use another device to record the Snapchat video or image. After a few edits, you get yourself a new Snapchat Story, and he doesn’t even know it.
How To Screenshot Snapchat (Mac)
Snapchat has a simple trick of taking a screenshot without their knowledge. All you have to do is enable QuickTime Screen Capture to complete the task. For this:
- You just have to connect your iPhone to your Macbook and open the QuickTime Player app.
- Tap on the file option and then the ‘new movie recording’ option.
- Select any of the various recording options available, and select your iPhone as the movie recording output that will help mirror your iPhone onto the Mac.
- Once the setup is done, you have to hit the record button and open Snapchat, and you will be able to screenshot Snapchat without notification.
It is also possible to take a Snapchat screenshot on a Windows computer but to do this, you need to install the Android emulator and run the Snapchat application on the computer.
In conclusion, attempting to screenshot Snapchat content without the sender’s knowledge on Android and iOS devices raises ethical concerns and violates the Snapchat platform’s terms of service. Snapchat is designed to notify users when their content is captured via screenshots. Engaging in such practices not only violates trust but also undermines the privacy features built into the app.
Respecting the privacy and consent of others is essential when using social media platforms. If you find the content interesting or want to share it, consider contacting the sender for permission. Open communication builds trust and ensures everyone involved knows how their content is being used.
Attempting to bypass screenshot notifications not only runs the risk of being detected by the platform but also sets an example of aggressive behavior. Ultimately, responsible and ethical use of social media is vital to maintaining positive online interactions and fostering a culture of respect and trust among users.