Marriage is full of ups and downs, adventures, and amazing memories with the person you love. And if you’re planning to celebrate a special event with your partner, you might be looking for the perfect quote to highlight those memories.
Whether you swear at your wedding, write a wedding greeting, or dream something special, these 40+ weddings about love and marriage from poets, artists and philosophers are sure to inspire. Check out the marriage quotes below to celebrate your loved one at any event.
Table of Contents
Happy Married Life
There are many ways to live a happy family life, and they are as diverse as marriages. The following quotations prove it:
1. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
2. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
3. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.” – Unknown
4. “I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage. At the root of every successful marriage is a strong partnership.” – Carson Daly
5. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
6. “Marriage is the most natural state of man and the state in which you will find solid happiness.” – Benjamin Frank
7. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.” – Fawn Weaver
Funny Marriage Quotes
Sometimes a humorous quote about a couple’s life wants to make your day better. Read them aloud to make them laugh a little, or add them to a new mug every morning for a new walk.
8. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” – Prince Philip
9. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
10. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” – Audrey Hepburn
11. “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
12. “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
13. “Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” – Unknown
14. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” – Joyce Brothers
Husband And Wife Quotes
These husband and wife price tags are perfect for anniversaries or any event. Add them to a warm letter or shop on a rainy day. If you like it, be sure to check out the list of quotes for the anniversary.
15. “The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” – Helen Mirren
16. “In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” – Caroline Kennedy
17. “My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.” – Unknown
18. “Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship of Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.” – Unknown
19. “My husband is my best friend, my greatest support, my biggest comfort, my strongest motivation, my truest smile, my deepest love, my favorite, my forever. He has me. Entirely.” – Unknown
20. “A husband and wife may disagree on many things but they must absolutely agree on this: to never, ever give up.” – Unknown
21. “There is no such cozy combination as man and wife.” – Menander
Quotes About Love And Marriage
These quotes show the love that unites a strong marriage. If you like these quotes, check out our wedding quotes.
22. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
23. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
24. “Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.” – Unknown
25. “A good marriage allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
26. “Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.” – Sophia Bush
27. “Experts on romance say that there has to be more than a passionate love for a happy marriage. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.” – Marilyn Monroe
Inspirational Quotes About Marriage
These inspiring quotes about marriage make great additions to a new canvas edition for the home or a sweet anniversary card. As you do so, consider some of your favorite Bible passages about marriage.
28. “I have a best friend as a husband, and he is my number one supporter. He’s a family man, and he’s always giving back to God. That is what makes him a beautiful man. We’re not perfect by any means, but that makes us beautiful as well. We’re not afraid to say we’re not perfect. We have our disagreements, but that comes along with marriage.” – Tamera Mowry
29. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me… every day.” – Nicholas Sparks
30. “True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.” – Unknown
31. “Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it.” – Boris Pasternak
32. “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.” – Bruce Forsyth
Marriage Advice Quotes
The following wedding advice quotes are exciting. Bookmark the permalink.
33. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
34. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
35. “Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.” – Unknown
36. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” – Khalil Gibran
37. “Marriage stands the test of times when both you and your spouse work towards making things better. And we are tested the most when we face adversities. If you can sail through the adversities as one, as a team, then you have won half the battle.” – Unknown
38. “Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity; an incident of life, not all of it.” – Susan B. Anthony
There are so many ways to describe marriage and these are our favorites. Pair these with an anniversary gift as an extra special reminder for your love.
39. “A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.” – Unknown
40. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.” – Unknown
41. “May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.” – Rumi
42. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” – Harville Hendrix
43. “A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
44. “A good marriage is a contest of generosity.” – Diane Sawyer
45. “Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.” – Fawn Weaver
46. “A great marriage isn’t something that just happens; it’s something that must be created.” – Fawn Weaver
47. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” – Tom Mullen
If you like the following wedding quotes, tips, and inspirations, but you are looking for more, we have taken care of you. See our other list of exciting quotes about life and wedding bible verses. Let us know in the comment section if you have any quotes about marriage and we are looking forward to your good comment.
For more quotes to check here!